Archive for the 'baby' Category
I just finished and gifted this cute 12 month sized dress for a co-worker’s adorable little girl. It is the first time that I have ever incorporated fabric with a crochet or knitting project. I did all of the sewing by hand, because I don’t have a sewing machine, but it was a small project and so it was very manageable.
It was another easy project! I asked for a measurement of her chest circumference and made the appropriate amount of granny squares to fit. The fabric was sold bundled as a remnant, and came in a 15×18″ size. I gathered the 15″ side to fit the granny square circumference, and sewed them together. Then simply hemmed the dress to 16″ from the shoulder. Added two buttons on each shoulder that are closed with using loops that were part of the last crochet round.
So cute! I have started making another one using a different fabric.
So happy to share a photo of the sweet baby girl wearing the sweater I made for her!
How precious, and it’s a perfect fit, with a little room for growth….maybe!
I finally finished this beautiful, challenging, gorgeous baby sweater for my co-worker! This is one of those patterns that has been on my “to do” list for years, so I was happy to finally have a reason to begin it when my co-worker said she was having a baby girl.
It calls for cotton, so you know I chose Omega Sinfonia….my all time favorite cotton yarn! The pattern is meant to incorporate the intarsia method for the flowers, but I was too lazy for the challenge and instead used the duplicate stitch after knitting up each piece. Well, THAT was a mistake! It took f.o.r.e.v.e.r to do each flower and the leaves, and I quickly regretted not doing the intarsia method. Lesson learned.
In the end, I absolutely love this little sweater, and will gift it tomorrow. Will I ever make it again? Yes! (But using the intarsia method!!)
My niece asked if I could make this set for her friend, who is expecting her baby next week. Such a cute set…how could I say “no?”
I made the newborn size, and actually used two different patterns: one for the hat and another for the diaper cover. The diaper cover pattern called for doubling the yarn; the hat pattern uses single yarn. It came out so cute! I hope to receive a photo soon from her!
After many months, I have a couple of projects in the works!
The first one is for a family member who wanted this “Radical Top” that is featured in “Crochetscene 2014.” I have chosen to make it using a cotton/viscose blended yarn called, Tandem, a Tahki yarn at $9 for a 50gr ball in the color: 02 Waterlilies. I’m using a crochet hook size H to get the proper gauge of 15 Sts/4 inches. So far, it’s going quick and easy!
The second project is a baby shower gift. The pattern is from the book, “Vogue Knitting Baby Gifts” and is called the Patchwork Pullover. I’m using Sinfonia Cotton and needles size 2 & 4.
I love the colors and I’m using the Intarsia method on the body of the sweater and will use the duplicate stitch for the flowers.
I couldn’t wait to see what the flowers would look like, so I stopped and made up one to get a sneak-peek. Love it! This sweater will be a 3-6 month size.
So, with these two projects, I’ll be a little busy for awhile.
It feels good to be busy again!
I finished the Summer Sweater to match the hat and shoes and forgot to post the photos. This was a set for a friend that asked me to make her “something”….”anything!” I chose pink because her nursery was pink; she’s going to be a ‘girly-girl!”
The pattern is from a Japanese Crochet Book that I bought while on vacation in Seattle. The graphs in the book detail the pattern, so there is no problem with trying to translate. The changes I made were adding the flowers along the bottom edge in the front and back and not adding the teddy bear face on the back of the sweater. The pattern stitch using the two colors was intricate and I loved how it came out.