Santa Baby Set
My niece sent me this photo and asked if I could make the set for her friend,
who is expecting her baby next week. Such a cute set…how could I say “no?”
I made the newborn size, and actually used two different patterns: one for the hat and another for the diaper cover. The diaper cover pattern called for doubling the yarn; the hat pattern uses single yarn. It came out so cute! I hope to receive a photo soon from her!
I finished the “Radical Top” and before I mail it off to the anxious Birthday Girl, I had to model it… of course! I love it! I have to make myself one!!
New Project: Radical Top
After many months, I have a couple of projects in the works!
The first one is for a family member who wanted this “Radical Top” that is featured in “Crochetscene 2014.” I have chosen to make it using a cotton/viscose blended yarn called, Tandem, a Tahki yarn at $9 for a 50gr ball in the color: 02 Waterlilies. I’m using a crochet hook size H to get the proper gauge of 15 Sts/4 inches. So far, it’s going quick and easy!
The second project is a baby shower gift. The pattern is from the book, “Vogue Knitting Baby Gifts” and is called the Patchwork Pullover. I’m using Sinfonia Cotton and needles size 2 & 4.
I love the colors and I’m using the Intarsia method on the body of the sweater and will use the duplicate stitch for the flowers.
I couldn’t wait to see what the flowers would look like, so I stopped and made up one to get a sneak-peek. Love it! This sweater will be a 3-6 month size.
So, with these two projects, I’ll be a little busy for awhile.
It feels good to be busy again!
Wow, has it been that long?! I guess it has! I have been slacking off on crocheting and knitting, but didn’t know it had been this long! Well, I only have one project to show, but a lot of wonderful life memories to cherish since my last post.
This is a crocheted Giraffe that a co-worker requested for her new grandbaby. She chose the colors that matched the baby’s nursery. I changed the striping pattern from the original pattern to get more of the green to show. This pattern was super easy; a beginner can handle this project with ease. It is 17 inches tall, i
ncluding the horns. If you stuff the legs and arms as you go, it is so much easier. I love this littly guy!
Crocheted Baby Sweater
I finished the Summer Sweater to match the hat and shoes and forgot to post the photos. This was a set for a friend that asked me to make her “something”….”anything!” I chose pink because her nursery was pink; she’s going to be a ‘girly-girl!”
The pattern is from a Japanese Crochet Book that I bought while on vacation in Seattle. The graphs in the book detail the pattern, so there is no problem with trying to translate. The changes I made were adding the flowers along the bottom edge in the front and back and not adding the teddy bear face on the back of the sweater. The pattern stitch using the two colors was intricate and I loved how it came out.
….another coffee mug cover
My girlfriend saw the purple coffee mug cover that I made a while back and asked me for a red one. These are so quick and easy to knit up and make great gifts! Again, instead of a traditional ‘tea bag’ I added ‘mas cafe’ for my Spanish speaking amiga.
…..more Baby Sneakers!
I got a request to make two more pair of crocheted baby sneakers using pink and purple. This is what I came up with, and the recipient loved them! The stitch patterns were taken from a book I found and I just substituted them for the dc rows called for. I used the same crochet thread as the red pair in the previous post. The other change I made is the shoe strings are slip stitches, instead of sc; this makes them less curly. I have been asked to make a pink and white pair next, and will post them when they are completed.